Saturday, February 13, 2010

Updates





The last couple of weeks have been filled with snow and dreary weather and more snow and
dreary weather. I think it is giving me the blahs. I sit around in my jammies all morning saying "blah." My kids are saying "blah" (it comes out as whining, but I know it is really blah). I listen to the weather report and all I hear is blah, blah, blah. I am quite ready for spring! In fact, my sister-in-law Rachel said to me the other day (as she also lamented the dreariness) that she was willing to skip spring and go straight to summer. Here, here!


In the meantime, here is what we are up to while stuck on Cobb Knob for days on end.



1. Ben is officially potty trained! We struggled for a while, but he has not worn a pull-up in over a month and no accidents in at least a week. Hip Hip Hooray! But he does have trouble keeping his pants up now without the diaper bubble underneath.



2. Katie has lost both her top front teeth. I do wonder why all kids lose them together, but she has done the same thing (with a little help from a friend's elbow on the school bus)! She is getting so tall and reading amazingly well. Some of the outfits she has put together lately are actually presentable, too! Growing up, I guess.



3. Annie's tongue looks pretty normal again and Aaron's scalp is almost completely healed as well. He fell into a corner of the wall last week and gave himself a small laceration which I proceeded to glue (i.e. dermabond) at home because I did not want to make another trip to the ER!



4. The kids have had several snow days already this year with more to come most likely. My house has been a total wreck most days with forts in progress, books and toys strewn about, snacks and lunches on the counter. We go to the library whenever there is a pretty day to replace the books we are speeding through. Today I found the large couch cushions in Annie's crib. I didn't ask, but I'll take the mess over "I'm bored" any day!



5. Annie is developing quite the personality. At this point, I'd say she is the most strong-willed of them all. She doesn't have many words, but she can definitely let you know what she wants and if she can't, she'll at least let you know what she is thinking!! She does say, "Mommee" very clearly as she hangs onto my legs while I walk around the kitchen. Still, she is certainly very sweet at times, so I call her my lovable monster! Her favorite activities are loving her baby doll and playing in her kitchen, bringing me drinks and plastic food.


6. Aaron is semi-enjoying Cub Scouts. I think he will like it more when spring comes and they can do the fun outside things that Scouts are known for. He does look great in his uniform, though!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love these pictures! It is challenging, filling up those snow days, isn't it?? Sounds like you are doing a good job :) And there's more snow on the way...

Blah.

Thanks for the company this morning. Needed a little girl time! As hard as it is, we HAVE to make time for it more often.

Happy Snowdays...