Okay, so we just finished our 6th day without Chad at home. It hasn't been too tough yet, but we have stayed relatively busy. That is, until Sunday. Katie began complaining of a headache before lunch, was very lethargic all day, then yakked in the car. She stayed sick until Tuesday morning (today) with a fever. Ben and Annie both had slight fevers this morning as well, but no symptoms, and everyone seemed better by this evening. Thank goodness. So we had not been out of the house since Sunday afternoon (I even had to call in to work that night). This evening, I needed to pick up a prescription at Fruth. I was so happy just to load them all into the car for one little errand! I even counted out enough change from my change jar to get everyone an ice cream from Wendy's or McDonald's (yes, I did both drive-thru windows). Of course, Katie shared hers with Annie to keep Annie quiet - which is probably how we got into this situation to begin with.
Betweeen yesterday and today, my kids have probably watched more tv than I would normally allow in a week! They were sick, I was tired, the rain was pouring, and it was just easy. I even snuck upstairs during naptime and opened my scrapbook for the first time in a year! I think when they weren't watching tv, we were playing Legos. That has been the activity of choice lately - especially after Annie goes to bed in the evening.
I have received a few emails from Chad, and it was refreshing just to have that bit of conversation. We haven't been able to talk to him on the phone, and I really don't anticipate that we will. Ben said at dinner tonight, "I miss Daddy." We all chimed in almost at once, "Yeah, me too." But we are also all very excited for him and enjoy praying for him each day. I share his emails with the kids and they have lots of questions that I can't answer. I hope they remember their questions and want to talk about it with him for a long time when he returns. Katie looked at the calendar before bed and counted up the days left: 8!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment