Tuesday, January 6, 2009
First Day Back
I went back to work this morning for the first time in over 3 months. I was a bit out of my element - especially so because it was a 7 am shift and I have worked 7 pm shifts for nearly 4 years. I had to get up by 5:15 in order to have time to feed Annie and get ready to leave on time. But it went well. I was not dreading it, but I was not overly excited either. It was nice to hear the "welcome back" comments, along with "how's that little baby?" I'm always a little surprised at how much I enjoy my job - the tasks somewhat but mainly the people. I enjoy connecting with my colleagues. I enjoy being helpful and saying, "You're welcome," and "Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit!" Okay, not so much that last part. But I am glad to be back to work a little, to have an outlet, to be Sarah for a few hours and not Mommmmmyyyyyy! It's a nice break for a few hours a week. But you'll have to ask Chad about his morning, getting all 4 kids up & dressed & fed & to school & the sitter for the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment