Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Aaron's 7th Birthday

Superman and Batman
Aaron and Will - best buddies


Make a wish!


Ben as Superman and Batman!
It is so hard to believe that Aaron just celebrated his 7th birthday on Saturday! How did this happen? When did this happen? I'm sure I will say that many more times in this child's life. It's fun to see him grow up into a big boy. These days I am frequently saying to Chad, "Oh, he sooooo has your personality!" Aaron thinks and talks like Chad in so many ways. He seems to be most excited about turning 7 because I have told him that your tastebuds (supposedly) change every 7 years, and he wants to know what new foods he is going to like now!

We had a wonderful celebration for him on Saturday with a Superman party complete with a Superman cake and Superman ice cream! We played some fun games, too: a phone booth relay which required each child to fight through an obstacle course and then enter a cardboard box phone booth in order to don their cape; a tag game called Lex Luthor on the Loose with Chad being Lex and chasing all the little supermen; and also Test Your Superskills in which they tried to recognize sounds with their super hearing, identify zoomed in pictures with their super vision, and blow ping pong balls with their super breath!!! It was a lot of fun!

Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

thesawhooks said...

WOw - great cake! Did you make this?

The Cobb Family said...

yep. I decided when Aaron was 2 that it was going to be worth the effort to take a cake decorating class. It has saved me a lot of money already!