Chad and I celebrated 11 years together on May 22. We drove out to Louisville, KY on Friday afternoon where we checked into the Dupont Mansion, a very nice B & B just south of downtown. It was a beautiful old house, and the innkeepers kept it stocked with a fridge full of drinks and counter full of snacks and homemade cookies.
We had dinner at a Bistro on Main Street and then walked across the street to see Wicked! Oh, it was so wonderful!! Just absolutely wonderful! I have been wanting to see it for about a year and would gladly see it again (if I didn't have to pay for it)! Unfortunately, the best seats we could afford were the worst seats in the house (very top row) and we didn't realize they had binoculars for rent!! My eyes hurt from straining, but the music made up for it!
After a breakfast of Belgian waffles, eggs, bacon, and fruit, we spent a little time visiting the Kentucky Derby Museum. I wasn't sure I wanted to go as I am not really into fancy hats and horse racing, but it turned out to be quite interesting and I added a few wrinkles to my brain (as Chad would say).
After that, we just drove back home. It was a short trip, but very nice. We had plenty of driving time with uninterrupted conversation and a few meals we enjoyed without someone on our lap.
Here's to many more anniversaries together!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment