On our recent trip as a family, we had to pass through two interstate tunnels in each direction, and Chad's favorite thing to do is to try to hold his breath the entire way through the tunnel. Yes, he was driving both times (I know that sounds unsafe, but I trust that he will not actually let himself pass out)!! So, now he likes to include our kids, and he always says, "Okay, here we go, hold your breath!" Needless to say, they don't really understand what this means. One time, Katie was talking the entire way through, saying, "Daddy, are you holding your breath? Daddy! Why aren't you answering me? Daddy!"
To them, "hold your breath" essentially means "puff out your cheeks and breathe through your nose and then let out a gasping breath at the end!!" So funny!



1 comment:
funny enough, I didn't know other people did this. On our way back from a race, I was in the car with Jeff and BJ (Jeff's best friend since I don't know when). BJ decides he is going to hold his breath through the tunnel. (Just so you know, I am laughing so hard right now, I have tears coming out of my eyes...) He holds his breath and the next thing I know, he slumps over. I am in the backseat and he is the passenger. When I finally get him to come to, he is sweating and pasty white. He says "what happened"...I couldn't believe it, I informed him he was an idiot, and passed out! I still laugh about this, thanks for the memory!
Post a Comment